Wed, Apr 24|
5-Day Backpacking Trip (April 2024)
If you are feeling the call to journey into the heart of nature, to be open and willing to hear what Mother Earth has to share with you, come join us on 5-day backpacking trip!
Time & Location
Apr 24, 2024, 7:00 AM – Apr 28, 2024, 5:00 PM
Eugene, Eugene, OR, USA
About the Event
Wild Moon backpacking trips are an opportunity to experience the magic of being in the wilderness and in a community of a women* rooted in the desire to know more – about oneself, the natural world, and the connection between the two.
Spending time in the wilderness is one of the most powerful and transformational adventures we can experience. Once outside the realm of daily life, Mother Nature opens up to us in ways we never could have imagined.
On this trip, we will:
- Connect with the land through the practice of nature connection, sit spots, and plant communication
- Connect with our inner power through the practice of menstrual cycle and moon cycle awareness
- Learn how we can work with our natural energy cycles, rather than fighting against them
- Learn all the skills you need to become a confident backpacker so you can step into wilderness whenever you want – using backcountry stoves, water filtration, setting up bear hangs for food storage, and navigation
Dates: April 24th -28th, 2024, Southwest Oregon (we will be carpooling from Eugene)
This trip includes 4 online calls:
- 1 individual call with me before the trip to make sure you feel prepared and to give you an idea of what to expect. We will also go over your physical preparedness and you'll receive a workout plan to help with becoming more prepared if that is something you feel you need to work on.
- 1 individual call with me after the trip to reinforce any of the skills we learned on the trip and make sure you feel prepared to continue backpacking trips in the future.
- 1 group call before the trip with the other women who will be on the trip. On this call, we will go over some foundational concepts together and everyone will receive the same individual practices to do before the trip to deepen our connection with nature before we even meet so we can make the most of our time together.
- 1 group call after the trip to cement our connection as a group and support each other in integrating what we've learned into our lives.
Want to learn more????
Click here to sign up for a free 15 minute call to chat more about this experience and decide if it's right for you!
The nitty-gritty: If this is your first backpacking trip (or one of your first backpacking trips)...don't worry about logistics - I have been guiding trips for over 10 years, and will be sending out thorough preparation info ahead of time about gear, food, how to pack, physical preparation, etc. and you can be in touch with me via phone or email as well with any concerns! If you would like to go over any concerns before you sign up, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the contact form from the website.
Please note: These trips do require the ability to carry a heavy pack (~30 lbs.) on your back for 2-7 miles per day. If you have questions or concerns about this and are unsure about signing up, please sign up for a free call - I would love to talk with you to help you make your decision! If you’re already a veteran backpacker…you’re still welcome! The content we present goes beyond just backpacking skills and hanging with a community of women in the wilderness is always an awesome experience! Just know that the pace of the trip will be at beginner level.
*Anyone who identifies as a woman or menstruator is welcome!
**Trip limited to 8 participants